Saturday, January 8, 2011

Food Photos

At R Burger, along Collyer Quay. Salad roll.. meheheh.. I felt like a goat while eating this..
R Burger for my brother and myself.

Mine is the katsu burger. I liked it. The bread was fluffy and the katsudon was crispy.

Salted egg sotong and rice at Chopsticks by The Asian Kitcher, near One Raffles Quay.. Yummy!
The Mala Chicken and sotong. Mmm.. I can skip the chicken, but the squid is just perfect!

Chendol at Rasapura, Marina Bay Sands Mall

Chendol, I like! (except those beans)

Spicy pork ball rice in wooden tub at Lau Pa Sat. Looks cute, but taste-wise, it's just so-so. (of course lah, it's Lau Pa Sat)

Mixed beef soup - Beehoon, mixed beef, medium.
At Hock Lam Beef at Far East Square. I'm not that into beef, so I can't really comment (because it would be biased) but the broth was good.

Baked seafood rice at Coffee Club, Kinokuniya (Ngee Ann City). It's good, but it just took too long for it to be served. About 20-25 minutes, during my office lunch break. C'mon, that delay stressed me out.

The Italian soda to complete the baked rice set meal.

The Black Sheep Cafe at Mayo Street. It's a French resto, which I found in the net (via hungrygowhere). I was tasked to find a restaurant to have our pre-Christmas dinner.

Price not too bad.. at first glance.




Prawn bisque. A bit too watery, but it was okay.

My friend's duck confit. This was good, because it had none of that awful gamey taste.

Lamb chops, quite tender, so it was good.

My order of pork cheeks. Very fatty, and very tender and tasty. However, I couldn't bring myself to eat all of porky's cheek fat. Being conscious of how fatty it was kind of removed some of its appeal.

Kahlua souffle. Good, but the kahlua ice cream was even better.

Flourless chocolate cake. Nothing spectacular.

Poke, poke. Eh? It's not crumbling down.
All in all, each person shelled out about 50 sgd (if I remember correctly). I suppose it's okay, since the food was good and freshly cooked and prepared by the chef. But, having to wait about 40 minutes before the food came out did affect my appetite and expectations.

Bleech.


Spinelli Christmas sandwiches. I like this idea, you get 3 small sandwiches in one order.

Muffins from a super thoughtful auntie. These were baked by her daughter.
Chocolatey chocolate. I thought I would love this more than the other muffin flavour, but I was wrong! I super loved the other one, which I believe was apple with cinnamon. It was super moist, and super tasty. In all, I ate 8 muffins by myself. *blush blush*

At Suntec on a Saturday night with my friend.

My wonton noodles with super spicy sauce.

Drunken Chicken. Hmm just okay.

Pork with mantou bread, and the crispy duck at the back

My friend's rice
Verdict: It's okay to eat here, but it might be advisable to wait a few more months before visiting. Wait for their service crew to shape up first.
Yogurt drink at Toast Box, a cheaper way to chill and hang out.


Shrimp Paste Rice at Bali Thai. It's not bad, but it's not 'good good' either.
Pork in sweet and sour sauce at Il Fiore, resto beside ANZ at Raffles Place. (It's an Italian resto which offers a menu of Chinese/Singaporean dishes.)
A hideaway place which my friend showed me.
Their Die Die Must Try Tiramisu. Nope, it's definitely not a die die thing. It's a bit too dry.

Mango ala mode. The ice cream was nice, but somehow it wasn't compatible with the edgy taste of the Australian mango.

Leftover food from Mirchi (I think). I don't know what that green thing is (it's got some cottage cheese thingy inside), but it's gooooood.

Biryani rice

No comments: