Saturday, May 19, 2012

Korea Trip May 3- May 8 2012

Finally, one country cancelled off from my to visit list.

I've never really travelled to countries that require visa because it's such a hassle, but this time around, my friends and I pushed for it.  It's a chance for us to bond before I leave Singapore for good come July.

Trip cost breakdown:
Airfare (Singapore Airlines)  - SGD748
2:30PM Singapore to Seoul
9:00AM Seoul to Singapore

Lodging (Chungmuro Residence)  - SGD 337.74 my share (SGD1013.33 total for 3 pax)
1 station away from Dong Dae Mun. Only WON3000 taxi fare from Dong Dae Mun to Chungmuro Residence at 12midnight.

Pocket money  - SGD 900
Additional money changed while in Seoul  - SGD 150
Amount charged to credit card - SGD 60+ for Faceshop products
                                                    SGD 96 for Sulhwasoo face moisturiser


 At Changi Terminal er 1 or 2, I forgot.
 My luggage is the bigger one. I don't have a middle sized one, just this big one and a small hard case luggage.

Anyway, I still ran out of luggage space in the end.
 Ah, Korean toilet. My first stop.


 Just like the airport in HK, a transfer is needed to reach the immigration area.
 Finished with the immigration and luggage collection at about 11pm+, and was told the last stop to the city leaves at 11:30. So rush rush rush.
 Took 6015 to get to our 'hotel'. WON10,000 per person.  Took almost an hour to reach our destination.

 First sight of the city proper.
 Loft type room. 1 more bed on the upper floor, but none of us stayed there.
Each bed was enough for 2 people. So I think this room can house  6 people. Crammed, but if you're trying to save money on lodging, then this would do just fine.
 There's induction cooker, washing machine and sink.
There was also a small flatscreen tv.
 Since it was super late and we got mildly lost looking for the hotel, we ended up eating at Family Mart (convenience store). It was a nice experience. We bought bibimbap-ish type of packed food and cup noodles. Also bought chips and ice cream sticks (melona and blueberry). Too bad I wasn't allowed to take pictures inside.

I bought this mineral water, because the drawing is cute!
 Market O brownies. Super popular, you see it sold everywhere!
 View from our room.
 Not impressive because the buildings are old, but somehow the building shapes and sizes grow on you. I thought I wouldn't miss Korea, but I do!

Our first stop of the day, Paris Baguette, which is a famous bakery/cafe in Seoul.
Nice set-up, tasty bread and yummy green tea latte.

Too bad I'm encountering problems downloading the pictures now.. so I guess this post is to be continued...



No comments: