Sunday, March 7, 2010

Singapore Botanical Gardens

For a change, my friend and I went to Singapore Botanic Gardens on a Sunday afternoon to lounge around, take in nature, and read books.

It was a long walk from Wheelock place to Singapore Botanical Gardens, a very very long walk since I was lugging around 2 bottles of liquid (1 gatorade and 1 water) and the sun was blazing at 4pm. When we got there, our first stop was the air-conditioned food court!



Giant koi fish. As in they're huge!




Swan Lake with only 3 swans floating about (unless there's more hiding somewhere)

The groom walking ahead while the bride tried to keep up. Groom must be super irritated with this photo shoot idea. It was so hot that I was almost melting, what more for these people in their wedding clothes??!




Bonzai




Another couple having their photo shoot at the garden. This couple looked happier than the first couple I saw.
Dried leaves. I love the sound of crunching leaves when you step on them
Someone tied their dog to a description pole

The baby's backview was very cute
Finally, we found a spot under the tree.. It's a few feet away from the band (there was a free concert in the park)

This 'fruit' dropped from the tree and hit my left calf, quite painful. Good thing it didn't fall on my head

No smoking sign was all over, but still I saw a group smoking! They're not Chinese nor Caucasian. They're disgusting people, is all I can say. Jerks who have no respect!
I was looking for a park attendant to tell on to, but there weren't any around. I took a picture, but deleted it by mistake. Geez.

No comments: