Sunday, March 7, 2010

CA Resto. Home to Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream






After out Botanical Garden trip, my friend and I walked to Demsey Hill. Yes, we walked again. It was quite a long walk, and probably took us about 20-30 minutes.

I was finally able to go to Demsey Hill! Hooray!

It has a number of restaurants, but for some reason, only one caught my attention: CA@ The Ranch Home. It only caught my attention because it says 'Home to Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream'.
We went to look at the resto but found it a bit too ordinary, so we went on walking. Nothing looked interesting, so we decided to just eat at Jumbo Seafood restaurant. But then, they only had tables available in their al fresco area. No way! We just had an afternoon in the garden, as al fresco as we could get, we felt sticky, and we wanted aircon! So we decided to go back to CA and try their food.
I ordered their chef's recommendation: roasted chicken, which was served with a bed of stir fried veggies and baked potato wedges. The chicken skin was crispy and not fat (plus points for this), but the meat was too bland. I wouldn't recommend this, specially since it's priced at SGD19.90. After the meal, we ordered desserts. My friend got to order 2 scoops of ice cream, while I ordered 1 scoop of raspberry yogurt (sniff. I'm on a diet, you see). The raspberry was too sweet.. really, I've never been a Ben & Jerry's fan, and I guess I never will be.

Total cost was SGD67 for 2 people. Gak. Not worth it.

No comments: