Monday, February 9, 2009

I Saw a Shooting Star!


I was happily floating about the pool tonight when I chanced to look up and notice that it was a full moon.

Lovely sight, because the condo actually looks like the facade of a castle, since it's the theme. And seing the full moon, shining so bright, kinda made me whimsical.

So I swam a few short lapses, then I stood on my favorite spot (the shallow spot), I looked up again and noticed a long line upwards, like the laser light you see on gimik places. But this one wasn't moving, and it looked smokey, so I traced the line with my eyes, still not realising what it was. Then, at the end of the line, I saw something blink and twinkle. Then that twinkling thing moved, and it blinked and twinkled again! Oh my gosh! It was a shooting star!

I was so surprised that I blurted out so many wishes, maybe 4 or 5!

Long after the star has gone (to amuse somebody else), I still stared at the smokey trail. Wow, a shooting star. I have finally seen one after 27 years.

No comments: