Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Found a Way to Make Some Money

There's this problem in the office.. we're always encountering expired client documents, and to cut the story short, this is a big no-no. Subject to audit attack, er, findings.

Anyway, the reason why the managers can't check if the documents are already expired is because the reports given to them by another team is a bit messy and incomplete.

So, my boss has assigned me to do the clean up (little do they know that I'm equally messy!). Since it's a really tedious clean-up, she said she will get approval to give me a weekend overtime pay (kaching kaching).

That's the first part. The second way I'm going to earn extra is by pointing out to them how difficult it is to do it, and I think I deserve a 'Thank You' voucher from all the managers who will benefit from the cleaned-up report. That's like, 8 managers.

Well, each 'Thank you' voucher can be exchanged for real shopping vouchers. SGD30 each. Supposing not all will be feel much gratitude with what I am about to do, even if it's just 50% of them, it's still good enough for me.

It will eat up an entire Sunday. But then again, I usually don't have anything planned on Sundays anyway.

A penny earned is a penny saved...for a Coach bag!

No comments: