Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Medium Three Oh Dinner Celebration

I don't have that many friends, but the few that I have are real jewels. I am blessed to have such friends - both in Manila and in Singapore.

On July 23, I met with my college friends for dinner at Mesa . I really intended to treat them for dinner, but it seems they have already planned it out - with a cake from Dezaato Pan, and collaboration with the resto's waiters and waitresses to sing my birthday song.

I am really touched. But thinking back, I believe I may not have expressed it to them as clearly as I would like. Thank you my friends for making my 30th bday a memorable one! =) . Mwaaah! I am really touched and I truly appreciate all your efforts.

My sago't gulaman (pearls and jelly drink. sweetened by something milder than gula melaka)


Appetiser which my friend had to order so that the restaurant won't give the table to other people (we, the second half of the pax, were super late)


cheesy mussels


I don't care about the shellfish, I just love cheese.


I believe this was the tinapa (dried fish) roll


The roasted piglet being sliced up. I didn't post the picture of the pig anymore (because the face is visible. Don't want to gross out people)


Boneless tilapia fish. Yup! Goodness of tilapia without the hassle of removing those bones with each bite.





Laing (some kind of leaf cooked in coconut milk). This is good, but requires a lot of rice.


Squid. Mmm...


Let's tilt our head to the right. (I'm too lazy to rotate the picture)


Tilt again.


Mesa in English is table.



The hanging chicken. Cute little thing.


She's chopping the chicken.


And they're wrapping the sliced roasted pigs in pandan wrappers. Much like those peking duck wraps.





A mound of pandan wraps with a lot of dipping sauces to choose from.




Where my light and fluffy cake came from





So, they slliced the pork and wrapped them up in pandan wrappers.


What about the bones with the chunks of meat stuck on it? They fried it up! This is actually a two way dish. So the second way was to fry it up with some spice/chili. This was really good.



Add to that the challenge of looking for a piece with a lot of meat still intact.





My cake!






They also have branches in Greenbelt and Megamall.

I would probably go back there to eat the next time I go home.



After dinner, we decided to have some drinks (wholesome ones like milk tea, capuccino etc) at the nearby coffeeshop Baang.



My milk tea. It was too sweet! Otherwise, it was okay.



***************************************************************



What a nice way to start another year as a thirty year old er.. girl.. ( I still want to think of myself as a girl ^-^)


No comments: