Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tibby Got Into An Accident

My heart skipped a beat, and my fingers immediately started quivering when i turned over my phone and saw the spider web cracks on top.. Tiiiiibbbbyyy!

This is what happened...

It was about 4pm, I think.. I was working.. yeah I was doing some real work this time, updating a client's blotter, when my colleague asked me somethng and I tried to turn around. When I swung my chair, the charging cable got tangled and it pulled Tibby from the table. The pull was strong enough that she did a tarzan swing and hit the wheel area (you know, like the joint connecting the wheel to the chair).

I picked Tibby up, thought it was the usual drop. When I turned the phone over, my breath stopped and I guess my eyes probably became the size of saucers.

Sigh sigh sigh.

I was so sad, and I almost cried. It became a bit better when I told my friend the story, and introduced Tibby. Not many people know my phone's name. (Except those who read my blog).

I was pondering whether to give it back to M1 , and do a 1 to 1 exchange.. but a part of me didn't want that. It's as if I'm throwing away a sister or a best friend.

Yes, it's just a thing. A phone. But to me, this phone has been my bestfriend - when I was new at work and I didn't know anyone.
When I was struggling to understand things and trying to keep myself sane with information overload at work.
When I needed directions to get to an unknown place.
When I was cooking those experimental dishes (Tibby would end up having as much flour on her)
When I was sick with chicken pox and didn't even have enough energy to open my laptop.

Anyway, I decided to keep Tibby instead of exchanging it for a new phone. I rushed to a repair shop located at Waterloo Centre and had her fixed.

I watched as the repair dude changed the lcd, wanted to take pictures, but I realised that I can't because it's Tibby there being fixed.

The whole procedure cost sgd182, inclusive of the new clear protective film.

No comments: