Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mediocre Food

Not included in my regrettable eats list, not a waste of calories, but I would choose something else if there other options available.
Lunch at Pedas Pedas at OUB - (Pedas - hot/spicy)


This replaced a flop establishment which I used to visit before because it's the only place that's not crowded during lunchtime at Raffles, plus it's somewhere none of my acquaintances know about.



I order the Ayam Rendang. The gravy on the chicken was good, actually. Just that the service was too slow, and the person who was serving the food was dripping with sweat. Er.. not an appetising sight.





The Orange Lantern at ION basement 4.


Last week I had the cravings for vietnamese sandwiches, so I ordered their chicken sandwich.



A lot of filling - no complaints there.


Taste-wise though, there's just something lacking. Baguette (another Vietnamese establishment) is really so much better.






I wanted to buy choco honeycombs at Candy Empire, but when I went back, they were sold out! So I bought these Biscuit Shorties instead. The chocolate is still good, but there's just something about the biscuit inside. It felt grainy.











This is an Indonesian restaurant at Far East Plaza.



Ayam Penyet.


It's okay on its own, just that Ayam Penyet Ria is just at Lucky Plaza. So if I'm craving for smashed chicken, I'd rather walk a few steps to Lucky Plaza because Ayam Penyet Ria has the best tasting Ayam Penyet (for me). And oh! their chili is just the shiokest!

No comments: