Friday, August 1, 2014

Shinkansen (Tokyo to Kyoto)

Quite an effort to take a clear photo of the approaching train, especially since I'm just using a camera phone.
This shot is not bad at all!
 The train is such a cutie! Just look at the shape of its 'face'
 Inside the bullet train: It wouldn't be me if I didn't bring snacks for the ride from Tokyo to Kyoto. We ate Tokyo Banana, Calbee chips and Jagabee.
 Then the snack lady came along...
 So we ordered our bento boxes.
I knew it! We should've bought the bento boxes that were being sold outside the station. Theirs looked fresh and yummy.


 The one I ate wasn't so nice.. the tempura was quite dry and tough.
It just looked pretty.
I took a bite of this thing and took the whole thing out of my mouth because I didn't know what I was eating.
Then I saw the bite mark and thought it was so cute so I took a photo.
I'm pretty sure I was able to decipher then what the food was, but now I couldn't remember. Must have tasted plain that's why I've forgotten about it. 
It's quite expensive to take the shinkansen, but since it takes you to your destination at such a fast speed, I think it's well worth it.

The ride took about 2hrs ( a little over it).

No comments: