Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Day in the Life of This Blogger

I'm now working in my husband's family business.
I used to think that working in your own company is easy peasy, but actually it's quite hard too.

You see that pile, well it's my daily task since I'm in charge of checking payments, and doing accounts receivables and reconciliation and issuance of check and subsequent checking of accounting entries for those payments.

Then there's the emotional stress too - when there's expenses, losses and etc, I feel the pain.

But then there are perks too. Like:
1. Going to work later than the rest (erm, around 9:45ish)
2. Going for 2 hr lunch breaks (but that's usually just once a week, the rest of the days I just order in or bring my own food)
3. Going home earlier (5pm, or 4:30pm. But I still feel guilty if I leave at 4:30pm)
4. Watching catch-up tv during lunch break and whenever I feel like it
5. Checking my FB while lazily tilting the backrest of my office 'big boss chair'
6. Blogging during office hours

But the most important 'perks' are the absence of these two life-shortening things: Stress and Fear.

I can breathe easy now. No more Monday blues. Well sometimes I still complain that it's Monday... but that's just because I love to complain.


No comments: