Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Carmen's Best Ice Cream

 I was going to Manila for the weekend (of July 11) so I asked my brother to buy me some ice cream from Carmen's.
Actually, I told him ' can you surprise me with Carmen's ice cream'?
So when I got to Manila, I was surprised to find out that there's no ice cream waiting for me in the freezer.
But then, because I'm spoiled (In a cute way. Definitely not the annoying kind) and he can't say no to me, he went out (to Moriones) in search of the ice cream. And so when I got back from my friend's wedding dinner reception, my brother said some things that lead me to the freezer , and that's when I really got surprised. There's 2 tubs of ice cream!


I've heard so many good reviews and raves about their salted caramel flavor. Because of that, my expectations sky rocketed so much so that I really got disappointed when I took my first spoon. I was expecting to taste something extraordinary, yet the deep caramel flavor just wasn't there, and so the saltiness did nothing. It didn't elevate any flavor.

I mean maybe I'm just too full when I tried it OR maybe it's just that particular tub. From what I've read, all the ice cream are homemade, and I do know that with homemade stuff using fresh ingredients, there may be some slight differences per end result.

To be honest, it became tastier the second day I tried it, but still the satisfaction wasn't there..

The cheese ice cream though, is a different story. It had all those cheese chunks and it just tasted cheesy all throughout. You can tell that they didn't scrimp on cheese. Yum!



No comments: