Tuesday, August 5, 2014

PopCorners : Cheesy Jalapeno

My brother's girlfriend gave me a big bag of Chef Tony's PopCorners. Normally I don't eat corn chips (not my thing), and I stay away from pop corn (I love popcorn but according to the blood type diet, corn makes me fat)..Buuuut I got totally hooked to popcorners. It was crunchy-crispy (nacho chip texture) and fluffy-crunchy (popcorn texture), and it was cheesy and spicy and yummy!
So my body naturally gravitated towards it  at the Healthy Options store in Abreeza Mall. I originally wanted to buy the small pack (PHP 45), but then later on decided to buy the big bag (PHP145).

They're both called POPCORNERS, but one is from Chef Tony's and the other one is from..er.. I forgot the brand.. Anyway, they're both made in the USA.. so maybe they have the same supplier? 

I just noticed the following difference:
The one from Healthy Options is a notch crunchier and two notches spicier.
It's also PHP40 more expensive..

But then, not all Chef Tony outlets and kiosks sell these popcorners (just 4 outlets in Manila, I think).. and since I'm in Davao, the easiest way for me is to just buy it from Healthy Options.. Otherwise, I'd have to ask my brother from Manila to ship a bunch of deflated bags to me.. I actually requested already, but changed my mind eventually because I'm trying to stay on my diet. Planning to lose 5 more pounds within this month.

No comments: