Sunday, November 13, 2011

Eaaaaat Bulagaaa!

D'Marquee at Downtown East.. End of the green line - Pasir Ris




We were at the end of the long, snaking queue.


We were holding gold tickets, where there was a different entrace. Semi VIP.

Not very near, but not far either. We can still see the faces of the hosts.











The ticket said the show will start at 1:30PM. We were there at 1:00PM because we wanted to have lunch first. We ate at Burger King, and went to the tent area at about 1:40PM. People were still standing, and there weren't any movements. Oh, geez luis, they weren't letting people in yet.


We went back to Burger King, and my companions ate ice cream while I played with Tibby.


My friend went out to check the queue situation (forgot what time) and she said it still wasn't moving. Perhaps 20-30 mins after, I went to the toilet and checked out the queue. Still wasn't moving!


At about 3:00PM or so, they started letting people in.


At about 3:30PM, they started the show. At about 3:45PM, we were finally seated.


At about 5:30PM, the show ended.. well they were still talking then, giving away prizes, but we went out already.. trying to get to the taxi queue first because I was in a rush to go home to prepare for the wedding dinner reception.


If you noticed, there's no mention about the actual show. That's because it wasn't spectacular nor memorable. Some parts were nice, with the live singing and dancing. But some parts, like the stand-up comedy by Allan K was plain boooorrrriiing. I yawned so many times, and I remember my friend telling me 'wake up!'.


In summary, it was a very good experience, and I'm thankful that my boss gave me tickets. I would've been very irritated if I had to pay SGD65 to wait for 2 hours and to sit through a corny and boring stand-up comedy (even if it's just 15 mins).



No comments: