Sunday, November 13, 2011

48 Hours in HK Soil

Nov 5, 2011 - 4:40PM flight to Hong Kong via Hong Kong Airlines. Yes, an unheard of airline. It's new, I suppose.

Terminal 2, Changi Airport


Big Harrods bear inside the airport


The plane


I like the drawing


But the aisle is suuuuper small. I hate it. And the plane plainly stinks. Well, not the plane per se, but the other passengers. Good thing I had my Axe menthol oil.





At HK Airport.


Waiting for the airport express train


Inside the airport express.


In the city, finally.


Makeshift ti-shoe-box inside our room (apartment turned into guest house) at Leighton Road, Causeway Bay. Good location.

HKD450 per night for two pax.



Tiny room but clean and ghost-free. I didn't sense anything weird.


My half empty luggage.


We bought travel size Dove products.



This is the thing, I totally forgot that we weren't staying in a hotel, so I didn't bring any towels.


I had to make do with tissue, which fortunately was sort of unlimited.


Leftover 'towel' on my arm.


On our way to Ap Lei Chau for the Prada Space outlet.
The sweety-sweety grandmom and grandad in front of us.


Foggy or polluted?



Heritage 1881 at TST








Toy Story theme... a bit old, eh?





Going to Ocean Terminal


Ferry ride from Ocean Centre to Central



My tiny loot. Super cute mixed print knitted cardigan from Argyle at HKD59.99 (HKD60 since the girl never gave me change). I regret not buying more!



Knitted vest with silk striped pattern from Mango (HKD79)- outlet at Teung Cheung.



Chocolate and cookies. Some beauty products from Bonjour.


My groceries - various instant noodles and chips.


A visit to Times Square on a lightly drizzling Monday, 7Nov2011.






Too bad we didn't have time to explore the mall. Just went there to eat and buy from Fancl.






One of my purchases from Sasa. Oh, my only purchase from Sasa. Since I bought the other stuff from Bonjour.



At Tory Burch, IFC Mall. We went back after lunch because my friend decided to buy the bag , and I've also decided to buy the stud gold plated earrings.


Cute faucet. Oh look, the green paper bag from Tory Burch.


Last shopping before heading to the airport - Agnes B Delices at Causeway Bay.


We asked for sample, and the girl gave us a piece each. How generous!


The chocolate was okay, but for me, it wasn't remarkable. Or maybe I chose the wrong one. The piece I got was chocolate hazelnut. So it wasn't pure chocolate. The centre was some choco-hazelnut mix (HKD19/piece)



There's a lot of stuff - they've got cookies, mallows, nougats etc.


My friend and I were in some sort of mellow panic-buying mode.


I realise that I didn't buy any food for myself. Only a purple mug.




All packed and (not so) ready to go. Anyway, my bag is so dirty, time for her to go to The Bag Spa (I still have one more groupon! hooray!)



Flight back to Singapore - 8:10PM via HK Express.



This is the annoying thing. I booked our air tickets online for HK Airlines, and I didn't know that the return flight was automatically routed to HK express. I mean, it's still okay - there's food and tv (shared by all and had random tv shows), but we had to take a shuttle to get to the plane, and had to climb those steel stairs. Not easy! I was hand carrying my big bag of groceries and the paperbag of food from Agnes B (Quiche and lemon tart).

No comments: