Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My 'I Look Stupid' Episode for the Day

Haven't written in for quite some time - I had my vacation in Manila 2 weeks ago, got sick there, came back, started to move some things to my new flat, stressed out from work, haven't had lunch for two day (instead I had bruncher - breakfast, lunch and dinner in one).

But today, I would like to share my 'I look stupid' experience for the day.

I went to Plaza Singapura to buy some hangers for my new flat, so after I finished shopping, I decided to take the MRT purple line. Since the orange mrt line is now open, I opted to take the purple line to Serangoon and thereafter change to the orange line.

It was going well until the train stopped at Potong Pasir station. Some 5 minutes passed and the train door was still open and we weren't moving. We didn't know what was happening until this dude spoke on the speaker "due to blah blah prob (as in he kept saying prob, darn it, this is not text messaging so why couldn't he just say the word 'problem' in full?), we will stop for some time. Sorry for the inconvenience."

He said this about three times, in between intervals. So I was standing there thinking ' I bet when I step out, they would finish fixing the train and it would move'. So I just stood there to wait, until the dude spoke up again. I then decided to step out and just take the bus. What do you know, about 3 or 4 seconds after I stepped out, the light on top of the door started blinking and the doors started closing! I was too surprised to move, but then it was too late for me to run in also! Darn it!!!

I felt the people from my cabin look at me, and you can all just imagine what they were thinking. 'that's what you get by being impatient. tsk tsk'.

No comments: