Saturday, January 31, 2009

What's 'In' Nowadays

According to Me, the 3 things that are currently 'hot' or on it's way to becoming one are:

1. Frozen Yogurt.

- I like eating yogurts, the one they sell in groceries (because I don't feel guilty eating it). But not to the extent where I've become addicted to it.

One time, during my lunchbreak, a colleague suggested we get some dessert. I just followed, and they brought me to a stall selling yogurt dessert- Yammy Yogurt. It was okay, but not really remarkable. Over the next months, I discovered a stall in Raffles City selling frozen yogurt, the soft-serve type. I think the name is Yoguru or something. One cup is about SGD3.40 for the original flavour, and a few cents more if it's flavoured. I love love love it! So there was one point when I actually became so addicted to it that I really couldn't resist gobbling a cup down.

Then, my friend told me about Red Mango, a popular yogurt brand in the States, which has a stall in Suntec City. I went there and tried it. It was also very good, but at this point, I'm not sure which brand I like best.

Ofcourse there are other yogurt stalls around, and another way they serve it is they scoop it out and put it in a plastic cup. It's not super appealing though because the yogurt looks mushy.

2. Bag hanger

- I bought a bag hanger for my Longchamp bag, which can't seem to support its own weight. When you put the bag on a chair, it slumps down like a person with very bad posture.

So I started using it in the office. One by one, my female colleagues will say 'how cute leh.' very nice leh' (or something like that). I know another girl in our department also has one, but hers was obviously expensive because my friend said it was bejewelled.

Anyway, one day, another female colleague came by my table regarding a client's instruction. Then she said "you have a bag hanger too. I think it's the 'in' thing now"

Now I'm not saying that bag hangers are 'in' just because I have one, but because more and more stores are selling them. And they're selling newer and cooler versions too, like the collapsible type.

3. Phiten bracelets (joint pain/muscle pain and stress buster)

- My friend gave me one (I know, I'm lucky) and I started wearing it. Hoping that it will help ease my daily stress. To my surprise, it actually worked!(and still working). Well atleast for me. It's either that, or it's the 'power of the mind' thing working.

No comments: