Thursday, January 1, 2009

Udders Ice Cream











This is my New Year discovery.
Udders Ice Cream. I was walking towards United Square (it's a mall), along Novena, when I turned my head to the right and saw this cute shop with a cows 'Udder' as a logo. I got excited and promised myself that after dinner, I will go back and buy me some ice cream.
So, I looked around the United Square Mall (It was my first time there). Nothing much to see, so I just had a cup of corn (because I saw a kid eating it and I literally salivated), then I ate fish soup with rice.
After dinner, I walked back to Udders and was greeted by the ice cream lady. Their standard line "Is this your first time in Udders?" If your answer is yes, they will say "Let me guide you with our products. Over to your right, we have the ice cream with Liquer..." .. and I couldn't remember the rest because I was busy scanning the ice cream. They have the usual Rum and raisin, strawberry, durian, mazilla (vanilla with marzipan).
I tried some and decided to have Kick s cream or something like that. It's caramel ice cream with sea salt. It's interesting enough and not too sweet. For the other flavour, I chose Strawberry fields. It was nice, because it tasted fresh and the seeds are there, so you can actually bite into it.
They have this blackboard where customers can write their flavour suggestions (and they tally the customer's votes). Some were interesting, but some suggestions were irritating, because whoever wrote it obviously was trying to be 'cool' (jerk). One 'super cool' suggestion was: Balsalmic vinegar. Jerk.
And they also have another board where you can write anything. I wrote my name! =)

No comments: