Saturday, June 16, 2012

HY California - Review


 I've heard okay reviews about HY California, so when my friend and I decided to meet, we chose this place.

It's the casual, more reasonably priced restaurant of Hidemasa Yamamoto.
 Not much choices, but whateve was in the menu looked interesting enough.


 We decided on prawn salad. (so-so)
 Fried veggies (so-so)

 Roll with foie gras (so-so)
 Mixed rolls  (so-so)
The rolls were crumbly..so for me it's like, er, your resto sells mostly rolls, so how come it's still so crumbly? Shouldn't they have atleast perfected that part?

So based on the above, you've probably guessed my verdict. It's a so-so restaurant. Plus, it's still pricey.
For 2 pax, I think our bill was SGD120++.
I'm lucky my friend treated me =)  [farewell dinner as I'm leaving Singapore soon]

So for the price, and the taste, I'd say go to Ichiban Boshi instead.. well that's unless you want to feel 'attas' (high class).

No comments: