Friday, May 16, 2014

First Nomnom at Nam Nam Vietnamese Restaurant

The first time I tried Nam Nam in Suntec was last year, Oct 29th. I remember the date because this was my first day back in Singapore after leaving the country for about 16 months.
 
I wasn't planning to go back to Singapore to work, perhaps hoping, but not planning.. but then one day I got a call from my previous boss, offering me a contractual post to cover for a colleague who was going on maternity leave.  In Singapore, maternity leave for most banks is 4 months.
 
Since it was a private bank, naturally they wanted someone who already knows the work and who's already familiar with the existing client base.
 
When I got the call, I got all excited. I was already working as a Branch Manager with an international bank then (tales about my 6-month stint as BM to follow on a different post), but I was all too willing to resign and go back to my second home (I consider Singapore as my second home. Yep, the whole country is my second home). I just needed my husband's permission.
 
Well, he must've seen the sparkle in my eyes when I was telling him about the offer, and so he practically had no choice but to allow me to go..it was just for a 4 month contract anyway (In the end, I was gone for 6 months *covers face in wifely shame*).
 
So anyway, I got offloaded on my original flight and was only able to fly off the next day (Oct 29). On the said date, I went to Millenia Walk where my friend is working. She has a car and lives near the condo where I'll be staying during my short Singapore stint.  I went there, left my luggage and went to Suntec while she finishes her work.. We later on met for dinner before heading home..
 We ordered the dry and soupy version of their noodles. So lucky because my friend paid for the dinner, she said it was my welcome-back treat.
 Food was okay, but nothing spectacular because it just didn't leave any remarkable impression, not like Viet Express which I can't stop gushing about.

On the months that followed, I tried their baguette.. It was also okay, quite good actually... but I still prefer Baguette's grilled pork. Now that one is really yummy!


No comments: