Saturday, May 10, 2014

Back in Davao

I've been back in Davao for almost a week (tomorrow 9:30pm makes it a full week).

I've done nothing but rest and experiment on some recipes. I'm upset though, because I can't seem to replicate the bread recipe I learned in Singapore. If this goes on, I'm going to start doubting my baking skills again..

Anyway, what bothers me more now is the rotational brownout. Not so much because of the lack of light and the absurd himidity, but because I can't concentrate on baking when half of me is worried that the electricity will go off just when it's time for me to put the dough in the oven.

Come Monday, I'm going to do a major project - a birthday cake for my husband. It's not the first time I'm doing it, it's my second! which makes it more challenging because the first one was a success.

I don't want to make an ugly cake this time because then I'd become a 'one-hit-wonder-baker'.



This was the cake I baked last year (my husband's chinese zodiac is the monkey.. thus the cake..)


Cute, huh? I won't even be bashful this time because I know that it is cute.


So I hope hope hope I'll have electricity for the whole duration of my baking stint.

No comments: