Thursday, May 15, 2014

Birthday Cake

I made a caramel cake for my husband's birthday last Tuesday.. the components of the cake are:
Vanilla chiffon cake
Caramel filling / topping

Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures because my phone doesn't have any storage space left. I'm starting to hate my iPhone because of this. I cannot bring myself to delete photos from my phone even after it's been backed up because it brings me joy to look at old photos at any given time. 

My friend has suggested that I switch to an android phone so that I can just buy extra memory cards and not just rely on the phone's memory space. Makes a lot of sense for someone who likes taking photos.. but a part of me is still resistant to switch to an android..

Aaaaanyway.. the vanilla chiffon cake was just subtly sweet, so I thought the caramel sauce would take care of that. But when I tasted the caramel sauce, it too was just subtly sweet. This made me worry but good thing was, somebody actually gave my husband a birthday cake..

However, my husband didn't like it because it had buttercream icing (and we're all a bit health conscious here at home) so he said to take out my cake and we'll eat that.. Aaaah the pressure...he took a square piece, and then asked for second round. Hooooray! it means it's good!

My brother tasted it and also said that it's good.. I still couln't believe it, and ate a piece myself.. Well well, it is indeed nice. Enough sweetness ( subtle chiffon + subtle caramel = okay sweetness) and the chiffon was oh so fluffy!

The taste was okay, but the presentation was very basic.. just a brown piece of cake..oh well... I'll try harder next year.

No comments: