Monday, September 1, 2014

Balik Bukid at Quimpo Blvd

 Their creative menu using a game box.. quite an array of interesting dishes too..
 Nice interior. Very nature-y
What I didn't like: We were seated near the window,  and they used empty bottles to frame the window area. Unfortunately, the bottles were already very dusty so it was a bit gross. My husband didn't want to change seats anymore, so I just refrained from looking at it.
 Forgot which salad this was. Its got quail eggs, kesong puti, nicely flavored croutons and pesto dressing.
 My order! adobo with yellow rice.
Tadah! I liked the turmeric flavored rice but felt the chicken was a bit dry.. Should have concentrated while reading the menu.. It was only afterwards that I noticed they had biiksteak.. I should've tried that one. Buuut no biggie, the meal was still okay.

My husband ordered fish (malasugue, I think) with blue rice (blue color from a flower). The fish was nice and fresh tasting, the blue rice tasted like white rice though, but it definitely looks good in photos (photo which is not posted here).

It's reasonably priced and offers good healthy-tasting food. For a salad, two mains and a mason jar of cucumber juice*, the bill was 480. I left a 20 peso tip so that closes it at 500.

I'll definitely go back to try all the other dishes.

*I'm usually careless in checking the bill. I just scanned and checked the total amount. Amount didn't alarm me, so I didn't really read the details anymore. When I got in the car, that's when I realised that there's only 3 items listed in their invoice..which only meant they forgot to charge the juice.

Even with the tip, they would still be short. I'm think the juice might be about 40-60 bucks. Oh well, I'll just leave a tip again next time.

No comments: